AWC Calls for Nominations for Directors and Regional Representatives
(Calgary, Alberta) September 11, 2018 – The Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC) is accepting nominations for one Director and three Regional Representatives in Region 3, as well as the Director-at-Large position, which represents all five regions.
Elected Directors and Regional Representatives will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Commission on behalf of wheat producers in the province. Farmers are encouraged to nominate peers who would be adept at representing producers in their region, as well as working with AWC’s management team throughout the year.
“Getting involved with AWC is a great opportunity to take a leadership role in our industry,” said Kevin Bender, AWC Chairman. “This past year alone, AWC has had direct impact on creating a new Canadian Prairie Red Spring variety – AAC Crossfield, lobbied for the adoption of Bill C-49 and became an administrator of the federal Advance Payments Program. I would highly encourage anyone interested in leading the wheat industry forward to put their name up for election.”
Nomination forms can be downloaded on AWC’s elections page and must be returned in writing to the AWC office by Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by fax at 403-717-1966, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to #200, 6815 8th St, NE, Calgary, AB, T2E7H7. Producers in Region 3 will also receive a package in the mail with more information and a nomination form.
Elections, if needed, for the Region 3 positions will take place at the Region 3 Next Level Farming meeting at the Lacombe Memorial Centre on November 13th. Results will be announced the same day.
Elections for the Director-at-Large position will be collected through a traveling ballot box system at all of following the AWC regional meeting locations:
- Tuesday, November 13th, Lacombe Memorial Centre – Region 3
- Wednesday, November 14th, Strathmore Civic Centre – Region 2
- Monday, November 19th, Rycroft Ag Centre – Region 5
- Wednesday, November 21, Westlock District and Community Hall – Region 5
- Thursday, November 22nd, Willingdon Recreation Centre – Region 4
- Wednesday, December 12th, Lethbridge Exhibition Centre – Region 1
Results for the Director-at-Large position will be announced following the final regional meeting in Lethbridge.
Next Level Farming and AGM information can be found on AWC’s events page.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Alberta Wheat Commission
d. 403-219-7911 c. 587-582-0204
- Role descriptions for Alberta Wheat Commission’s board of directors can be found here: http://www.albertawheat.com/about/governance/director-regional-rep-roles
- A map of Alberta Wheat Commission’s regions can be found here: http://www.albertawheat.com/about/governance/region-leadership