Farm Cash is a new cash advance program being administered by the Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC) on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. This Alberta-administered program is designed to help producers meet their financial needs, cash flow obligations and increase marketing opportunities to improve profitability.
Producers can access up to $400-thousand per program year and are eligible for $100-thousand Interest-free and an additional $300-thousand at a low rate.
FarmCash will be launched and accepting applications on September 1st, 2018 in time for the post-harvest advance.
- FarmCash will offer an efficient web-based application process that will help save you time and paperwork.
- FarmCash is committed to excellent customer service.
- All proceeds from this program will be re-invested in Alberta’s agriculture industry.
You can apply for a FarmCash advance in four ways:
- Online: Apply through a fully automated and efficient web-based platform which will be launched on September 1. This new system will help save time and paperwork and will only require applicants to navigate through forms that are relevant to the commodities they are applying for.
- Download the form: Download and complete the application form. Send it back in any of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 403-717-1966
6815-8 St. NE Attn: FarmCash
- Drop it off in person to our mailing address listed above.
- Over the phone: Call 1-855-376-2274 and a FarmCash representative will help you through your application process.
- In person: Apply in person at our head office in Calgary located at 6815-8 St. NE, Suite #200.
Each application costs $50.00. Successful applicants will receive their advance less the $50 application fee. An up-front payment option will be introduced for applicants who have received advances in the past in time for the pre-harvest advance on April 1, 2019.
Our initial focus will be on the Alberta market. We believe our strong relationships with Alberta producers provide us the best opportunity to establish a viable and competitive cash advance program.
100 per cent of proceeds from the program will be used to benefit the entire agriculture industry in Alberta.
Farmers are encouraged to call 1-855-376-2274 to speak to a Farm Cash representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grains, Oilseeds & Pulse
- Alfalfa Seed
- Bromes Grass - Smooth Seed
- Clover Seed - S.C. Red
- Fescue Seed - Creeping Red
- Hemp Grain - Conventional
- Sunflower - Non-Oil
- Timothy Hay - Seed
- Barley - Feed
- Beans - Other Colored
- Beans - Pinto
- Beans - White
- Canary Seed
- Chickpeas - Kabuli
- Hemp Seed
- Oats - Feed
- Peas - Dry
- Rye - Fall
- Rye - Spring
- Timothy Hay - Choice
- Timothy Hay - Premium
- Timothy Hay - Standard
- Timothy Hay - Supreme
- Wheat - Feed
- Wheat - Winter
- Calf - Feeder (400 - 700 lbs)
- Cattle - Feeder (700 - 900 lbs)
- Cattle - Finished (Less than 1250 lbs)
- Cattle - Finished (More than 1250 lbs)