Alberta Wheat Commission seeks nominations for directors and regional representatives in regions 2 and 4
(Calgary, Alberta) - The Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC) is seeking nominations for two directors and three regional representatives for regions 2 and 4. Nominations must be in writing and filed at the Commission’s head office by October 31, 2014.
The elected directors and representatives will provide strategic direction and leadership to the commission on behalf of wheat producers in the province.
"We are looking for individuals who are committed to advancing the interests of Alberta wheat producers and dedicated to further developing AWC’s strategic direction," said Kent Erickson, Chairman, AWC Board of Directors. "This is a great opportunity to get proactively involved and provide leadership to our industry. It’s an opportunity to affect change."
Elections for these positions will take place at the respective AWC Regional meetings this November. Wheat producers are highly encouraged to nominate peers who would be suited for the roles, and to come out and participate in the regional meetings. The region 2 meeting takes place in Three Hills on November 19 at Three Hills Community Memorial Centre. The region 4 meeting takes place in Camrose on November 17 at the Best Western Plus. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. for both events.
"If getting involved in the future of the wheat industry appeals to you, I would encourage you to put your name forward," Erickson explained. "Our industry is going through significant change, and being in a leadership role gives you the best opportunity to voice your opinion on behalf of your region and make a difference."
More information about nomination requirements, regional meeting information, and role descriptions for directors and representatives can be found in the backgrounder below.
The Alberta Wheat Commission is a producer-directed organization representing the interests of and serving as a single voice for all of Alberta’s 11,000 wheat producers. www.albertawheat.com
Communications and Events Coordinator
P. (403) 219-7906 C. (403) 813-6956
- Producers in regions 2 and 4 can expect to receive an election package in the mail. The nomination form can also be downloaded from www.albertawheat.com or received by calling the Commission’s head office at 403-717-3711.
- Nominees for these positions must grow wheat in these regions and be a member of AWC to be eligible. The term of office is three years.
- Nominations need to be in writing and filed at the Commission’s head office by October 31, 2014
- The nomination must be signed by at least three eligible producers from your region and accompanied by the written consent of the eligible producer who is being nominated as one of the Directors or Regional Representatives for your region.
- Elections for this position will take place at the respective AWC Regional meetings:
- Region 2: Takes place in Three Hills on November 19, 2014 at Three Hills Community Memorial Centre. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Region 4: Takes place in Camrose on November 17, 2014 at the Best Western Plus. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Role descriptions for Alberta Wheat Commission’s board of directors can be found here: http://www.albertawheat.com/about-awc/governance/board-of-directors/
- Role descriptions for Alberta Wheat Commission’s regional representatives can be found here: http://www.albertawheat.com/about-awc/governance/regional-representatives/
- A map of Alberta Wheat Commission’s regions can be found here: http://www.albertawheat.com/about-awc/governance/nominations-elections/