Olds College Grain Grading Workshop
Venue:Olds College - Land Sciences Centre Room 1135
Olds College is hosting the following producer-specific workshops in the area of Grain Grading. Upgrade your skills in the following areas with two upcoming hands-on workshops at Olds College!
Grain Grading Standards & Processes Workshop
This 3-day workshop hosted by Olds College, and led by the Canadian Grain Commission, is an in depth study designed for producers who are looking to become better acquainted with CGC standards, process, and the grain grading process. A great in-depth offering on its own, or as an extension to the training provided by the "Making the Grade" workshop last July. It includes:
- Familiarization with the Official Grain Grading Guide (Canadian Grain Commission)
- Seed Identification of Common Grains, Oilseeds and Pulses in Western Canada
- Standardized Operation of Basic Grading Equipment
- Identification of Main Degrading Factors
- Grading Techniques and Practice using Standard Samples
Date: April 19 - 21, 2016
Time: 9am - 4pm
Location: Olds College - Land Sciences Centre Room 1135
Tuition: $295 + GST
Be sure to bring a laptop if you have one (optional) and any of your own samples you would like to see graded.
A networking lunch will be included on Monday, courtesy of the Alberta Wheat Commission. Participants are required to bring their own lunch Tuesday and Wednesday - lunch options available at Just Jacks at the Pomeroy Inn and Suites on campus.