Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley
The Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley are looking for a Receptionist to join our teams in a shared capacity. We are a small but dynamic team and our organizational culture thrives on innovation and a spirit of entrepreneurialism. We challenge our team to come up with big ideas and be determined to champion them
About Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley
Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley are provincial grower organizations that represent Alberta’s 14,000 wheat farmers and 11,000 barley farmers respectively. Both organizations invest in major program areas including research, communications and extension, market development and agriculture policy.
About the position
Reporting to the Financial Controller and supervised by Accounting Co-coordinator working closely with the management team, this is a full-time position (40 hours per week) from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. daily.
Duties and responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing administrative support, including but not limited to:
· Answering incoming phone calls/emails from the general line/inbox; handling inquiries and/or re-directing inquiries appropriately.
· Collecting and distributing incoming mail/ faxes from fax machine, and courier packages; handling outgoing mail.
· Greeting all office guests and advising appropriate staff that guests are waiting.
· Ensuring the office is kept neat and clean, including common areas like reception, the boardroom and kitchen/ emptying & filling dishwasher and making Coffee.
· Organizing parking pass/FOB/Access card for new employees
· Organize monthly birthday celebrations for staff
· Supporting and coordinating meetings through organizing catering, cleaning and supplies; coming in early and staying late, as needed, to facilitate those meetings
· Supporting and coordinating external meetings and events.
· Coordinating office maintenance issues, including computer and IT support, equipment ordering and repair, cleaning services, recycling, etc.
· Ordering and maintaining office supplies, kitchen supplies and boardroom supplies
· Providing support with travel and event coordination, as required.
· Accounting support, including data entry duties, as assigned: Entering producers and dealer’s data/information in excel, maintain mailing list and mailing and distributing signed cheques.
· Going to the registry office for registrations issues as required
· Any other duties, as assigned.
· A diploma in office administration or equivalent office experience.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as internet and email programs.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Excellent people skills, both on phone and in person
· Experience assisting senior management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet shifting priorities—deadline-oriented
· Strong communicator with the ability to update and inform others
· Knowledge of the agriculture industry or a willingness to learn
· Between 2 – 5 years’ experience is required for this position
Applications can be directed confidentially to email@example.com. Interested individuals may also contact the AWC office at 403-291-9111 to speak directly to a member of the recruitment team.
The deadline for applications is Friday January 11, 2019.